NHS England have provided a list of Shielded Patient List (SPL) Subtractions. These are patients that for various reasons are no longer considered ‘high risk’ and now need updating to either ‘moderate’ or ‘low’ risk.
Note – This affects any of your patients, on the SPL, who do not have a moderate or low risk record added later than the date of the subtraction entry on the SPL Subtractions list.
This process consists of two aspects:
- The following entry will be added to any of your patients included in this list:
- Event Date – Will be the date the patient was subtracted from the SPL
- Read Term for Characteristic – Either:
- 14Oq.00 Moderate risk category for developing complication from COVID-19 infection
- 14Op.00 Low risk category for developing complication from COVID-19 infection
- Comment – As per the description provided by NHS England
- Priority – 3
- Consultation Type – Administration
- The original SPL entry, of 14Or.00 High risk category for developing complication from COVID-19 infection, will be updated with an End Date:
- End Date – The date the patient was subtracted from the SPL
The existing Clinical Audit continues to count the entry with the latest Event Date only, so if you have reviewed and updated a patient’s record with a ‘high’, ‘moderate’ or ‘low’ risk entry, these are the records picked up providing the Event Date is after the date received from NHS England.
We are in the process of writing an audit that will identify downgraded records for your review.
NHS England have provided a copy of the letter they are sending patients when they are removed from the SPL, click here for a Vision template of this letter for your use if required.