To help build your own searches we have created a set of the most common Ad-hoc Searches and Reports for you to import. You can then adjust them to suit your requirements.
Click here to access the Searches and follow the instructions below to import them into your system:
To import one or multiple searches, you must first locate the saved .VisSrch import file (ie, from disk, portable device, email), you can then place the required search(s) into your ad-hoc search and reporting list:
- In Search and Reports, go to the new Search Export and Import pane.
- Click, an Open screen is displayed.
- In Look in: select the source of the files you are importing from the available list (ie the drive letter of your data stick, your desktop after saving it from an email attachment etc). VES practices can navigate to their local machine.
- Select the required .VisSrch file, click Open.
The selected file opens in the Search export and import section of the Search and Reports screen, with all the included searches listed.
You can now import the searches into Vision. There are two options for Import:
Note - means that a search with the same name already exists on your system.
Importing Individual Searches
From the Search export and import pane, right click on a non-batch search and select Import or drag the search and drop it in the Ad-hoc Search & Reporting list.
Importing Batch Searches
From the Search export and import pane, right click on the batch folder and select Import, or drag and drop the batch folder into the Ad-hoc Search and Reporting list. The folder displays in your batch searches pane. You cannot import an individual search from a batch folder.
Points to note about importing:
- The file name for each search from the sending practice is retained. You can change the name by using the Save As option after import. However, if you do change the name, the link to the original search is lost and if you receive the search name again, this file is not replaced and can result in confusion.
- If a search with the same name already exists in your system, it will be replaced with the newly imported search, otherwise it will be added as a new file.
You can optionally change the name of the search or batch file before they are saved if required.
Click OK to save. If the file name already exists you are prompted "There is already a search named nnnn Please enter a unique name."
The searches are displayed in your Ad-hoc Search and Reporting list and any batch folders are displayed in your batch folder pane.
Import from Higher DLM Version
If you attempt to import searches received from a practice with a higher DLM version, the following message is displayed and you will not be able to import the search until you are using the same, probably the most current, DLM.