Your searches and reports can be scheduled to run during the day.
You can schedule these individually, or make several reports and searches into a batch and schedule the batch.
To schedule your searches:
- Drag and drop either an individual search or batch of searches in the Schedule section on the right hand side of the screen.
- Select the Schedule clock .
- Now, either select Go to run immediately or enter a time (eg 14.00) or a duration (eg 10m for minutes) and select Go.
- Once the searches and reports have run, either a green tick if successful, or a red cross if unsuccessful, displays alongside each search.
Important points to note when running Searches and Reports by Schedule
- The Report Output must be either a printable report (Summary, Standard, Detailed or Age/Sex) or an export option. Searches with output of Count or View should not be selected as they display on screen and you may not be there to view them.
- The report scheduler is not suitable for overnight use as leaving Vision logged on interferes with backups etc.
- Searches run in the order in which they display on the schedule, therefore, the output group of an earlier search can be used as the input group of a later one.
For more information - See Search and Reports - Scheduling